Welcome to October! It’s getting spooky out there! We hope we don’t frighten you away or scare you off because of all of our good news. It’s not a trick, just a treat!
Monday ESL Classes
- Monday class is going strong! Students and volunteers recently enjoyed the end of the semester meal night together. Delicious dishes were brought and all had a blast playing games. The fall semester ended on October 7th. Monday night class will celebrate with a trip to the Philadelphia Zoo to use the animal and environment words they’ve been learning all semester. The winter semester will reconvene on 10/28 and run until 12/9.
Thursday ESL Classes
- Classes on Thursday started back up on September 9th and will also conclude on October 17th. It has been a delight to see the steady increase of students attending class. The winter semester will reconvene on 10/24 and run until 12/12.
Hire a Driver Campaign
- In order to better serve our students, CTG has launched a “Hire a Driver” campaign. For many of our students, transportation is a huge barrier that prevents them from attending English classes. To meet this need, CTG is looking to hire a driver who will be responsible for taking students to and from English classes on Monday and Thursday nights. To find out more, click here.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Monthly General Volunteer Meeting CANCELED for October.
- Marketing Team Volunteer Meeting on November 3rd at 6pm at FCC Collingswood. This meeting will discuss CTG's fall and winter fundraising and marketing plans.
- New Volunteer Orientation on November 17th at 6:00pm at Fellowship Community Church at Collingswood. All new volunteers are required to attend.
- Thursday Night ESL Classes
Because of the abundance of new students attending, Thursday night ESL class needs more staff to make class more successful. We need class leads, class assistants, childcare and transportation volunteers.
- Volunteer Interviews
Are you a current or former CTG volunteer? Would you be interested in sharing your experiences with CTG? CTG is looking for current or former volunteers to answer a few interview questions about their experiences with CTG. These responses will be posted on the CTG blog for a bi-monthly feature called “Meet Us Mondays.” If interested, please email rebekah.flovinATgmail.com for more information.
Want to help out but don’t have time? Consider donating financially here instead.